Monday, June 25, 2012

Don't Stop, Won't Stop

It doesn't take much to make me smile these days.
Despite new medical diagnoses, my smiles flourish.
You cannot stop. 

You cannot stop the blushing of romance.
You cannot stop the summer sun reflecting off of the crisp pages of a good book.
You cannot stop the power of friends gathered together.
The trails and the trees.
Notebooks with honest words.
The purity of live music and the freedom of dancing.

You cannot stop, joy.

I look forward to writing more now that my schedule has slowed from work. I look forward to climbing again--my hands too smooth after not climbing for two weeks--most importantly though, I look forward to connecting.

While I am here, I figured that I'd share a snip-it from the Big Easy Express that I appropriately came across this morning. Consider it your five minute banjo therapy for the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment